Dr. James Kleoppel has been on faculty with the School of Pharmacy since 1984. He is a preceptor in the Interprofessional Family Medicine Student Clinic at The University of Kansas Hospital. The student clinic sees patients with four main disease states: diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, and chronic pain. About 90% of the patients have multiple disease states and use numerous prescription medications. Becuase we are an academic institution in an established area of the city, our patient population is extremely diverse.
Kleoppel is a member of Kansas Pharmacist Association, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, American Pharmacy Association and a Life Member of University of Kansas Alumni Association.
Courses and Rotations
- Pharmacotherapy I
- Physical Assessment
- Pharmacy Practice II
- Immunization Course
- Kansas Pharmacist Association, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- Faculty Advisor for Phi Lambda Sigma since 1997
- Advanced Practice Rotation in Preventative Medicine, AACP Meeting Poster, July 2009
- Webinar from KUMC. “Starting an Interprofessional Teaching Clinic” Presenters: Jana Zaudke, MD; Stephen Jerrigan, PhD; Jim Kleoppel, PharmD; Courtney Tenbarge, MS,RN., July 17, 2012
- “Amazon and Medicinal Plants Rotation in Peru”, Health in Latin America Symposium, Big 12 Room, University of Kansas, September 7, 2012
- The Interprofessional Teaching Clinic: Interprofessional Education at the point of care. Jana Zaudke, MD; Heidi Chumley, MD; John Delzell, MD; Hannah Maxfield, MD; Jim Kleoppel, PharmD; Courtney Tenbarge, MS,RN. 39th Annual STFM Conference on Medical Student Education, January 2013