Courses and Rotations
- Pharmacotherapy Series
- Ambulatory Care rotation in the Interprofessional Teaching Clinic in Family Medicine
Professional Leadership and Service
- Active member of American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (Chair of various committees for the Section of Pharmacy Practice).
- Active member of American College of Clinical Pharmacy (Member of various committees and past-Chair of the Women’s Health PRN)
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
Recent Awards and Honors
- MUSC outstanding clinician 2010
- South Carolina College of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year 2010, 2011
- Shrader SP, Ragucci KR, Diaz V. Contraception. In: DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, et al., Eds. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 8th ed. McGraw-Hill Co 2011: 1377-93.
- Sterrett J, Croom M, Phillips C, Shrader S. Evaluating the Incorporation of a Diabetes Certificate Program into a Required Pharmacy Curriculum. American Journal of Pharmacy Education 2012; 76: Article 89.
- Shrader S, Kavanagh K, Thompson A. Assessing the Impact of Pharmacy Students Facilitating a Diabetes Self-management Education Class at a Student-run Free Medical Clinic on Confidence and Competence in Diabetes Education. American Journal of Pharmacy Education 2012;76: Article 13.
- Shrader S, Hall L, Ragucci K, Rafie S. Updates in Hormonal Emergency Contraception. Pharmacotherapy 2011;31:887-95.
- Shrader S, McRae L, King W, Kern D. Simulated Interprofessional Rounding Experience in a Clinical Assessment Course. American Journal of Pharmacy Education 2011; 75: Article 61.
- Shrader S, Thompson A, Gonsalves W. Evaluating the Effects of an Interprofessional Student-run Free Clinic and Elective. Journal of Research in Interprofessional Practice and Education 2010; 1.3: 218-30.
- Should Denosumab be First-Line Treatment for Osteoporosis- The Con Side? Presented at 2012 American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Hollywood, Florida. October 2012.
- Faculty Development Programs for Interprofessional Education. Presented at 2012 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Kissimmee, Florida. July 2012.
- Interprofessional Simulations-Two Innovations for the Price of One! Presented at 2012 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Kissimmee, Florida. July 2012.
- Fostering Interprofessional Practice and Teamwork Skills Using Simulated Clinical Rounding Experiences in Health Professions’ Curricula. Presented at 2011 Collaborating Across Borders III Meeting, Tucson, Arizona. November 2011.
- Balancing the Risks and Benefits of Contraception Use in Women with Chronic Medical Conditions. Presented at 2011 American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. October 2011.